Thursday, January 7, 2010

The Newness Of It All

With the dawn of a new year, a new decade, there's lots of talk about how great this year will be, about resolutions, new loves, new adventures, letting go of the past. It only seems fitting that with my new blog, I share something personal about myself...about my new romance.

My new beau is an extension of my heart. He helps me create visual poetry. He sees parts of me that no one has before. He allows me to focus on things that were beyond the reach of my imagination. He sees my beauty and my light. He captures human expression and emotion with the blink of an eye.

I have been falling in love with with him in different ways for some time now and just didn't realize it. However, it doesn't seem like this relationship is going to be easy. He's kind of hard to get the hang of; he requires an immense amount of study to learn his intricacies. He's technical and complicated yet simplistic and childlike.

I feel I can become hopelessly in love with him after time. An hour spent with him seems like a day. I see us walking hand in hand in this concrete jungle, creating memories that words couldn't even illustrate.

If you would like to see a picture of me and him, here you go.

.....I know, I know. I got you (lol). My new love and I are dating, getting to know each other. Hopefully, we will develop into an interesting romance. Please check out the fruits of our labor on Wordless Wednesdays. I plan to post images of my adventures around DC. Hopefully, my skills will get better in time.

- Jill




No comments:

Post a Comment